Friday, February 21, 2014

Kobee Manatee Heading Home to Florida by Robert Scott Thayer

This a lovely picture book that follows the manatee on his migration home.  Let your child learn a bit about sea life as he/she enjoys the vivid colors of the illustrations and the creatures of the sea.

Thompson Mill Press and Net Galley allowed me to download and read this ebook for review (thank you).  It has been published, so check with your local bookstore for a copy.

I'm not familiar with manatees because I grew on the west coast.  We have orcas.  I knew they were on the east coast and I knew I'd learn something about them from this book.

Kobee Manatee took a summer trip up the coast all the way to Cape Cod.  It was very pleasant in the summer, but now he must return home before it gets too cold.  He's on his way to Florida when he meets a couple of other travelers:  Tess the seahorse and Pablo the hermit crab.  He agrees to play taxi and take them on their destinations.  What he doesn't anticipate is the danger in the sea...

Kobee keeps everyone safe and it's a very sweet story.  Why not share this with your young one?  It might lead them into more reading about sea animals.  I know I was always curious when I was little.  I still am.

Happy reading.

No comments:

Benjamin Impossible by Timothy Root

It’s NOT EASY being the smartest 12-year-old in the world! Benjamin Impossible is a genius, kung fu master, and winner of the Franklin Count...