Saturday, November 23, 2013

I Am Pusheen the Cat by Claire Belton

Pusheen is a cat with her very own website.  Her antics are shown online and I've seen a few here and there.  I was very pleased to find this collection.  What fun!

Touchstone and Edelweiss allowed me to download and read this ebook for review (thank you).  It was published October 29th, so you can grab a copy at your local bookstore now.

I love reading comics and these are very simple and subtle.  Sometimes you have to look close to figure out the humor and that's great.  This didn't take long to read but it's something I'd pick up and read again.  If you share this with a young one, I'm sure it will be well read.

Here's an example of one page:

Did you notice in the last illustration the little tail is sticking out from under Pusheen?  That's subtle humor.

The comics are simple, amusing, and make you smile.  I enjoyed it.  Why don't you give it a try?

No comments:

The Affair at the Victory Ball by Agatha Christie

Young Lord Cronshaw is murdered at a masked ball, and his fiancée dies of a cocaine overdose later the same evening. Who was wearing which c...