Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

He was supposed to be monitoring emails for misuse.  But he suddenly found himself following along the emails written by a fellow female employee and her friend because they were interesting and he was bored...


Dutton published this book this month and sent me a copy for review (thank you).  You can pick up a copy at your local bookstore now.


This story has an interesting premise.  Ms. Rowell takes a shy man who prefers to live at home and puts him on a night shift reviewing emails that have "key words" in them that might be inappropriate for corporate use.  Then she adds two young females into the mix who are struggling to determine who they, themselves, are.  Beth is in a relationship, but she never sees him.  Jennifer is trying to have a baby but isn't sure she wants one.  And they chat through emails...


The story moves a bit slowly for me, but it interested me enough to keep turning the pages to see how it was all going to turn out.  It's a bit of a geeky romance, but since they do online chatting and dating, this story line is plausible, too.  
You get to watch the characters grow, change and become stronger and better than they were in the past.  


I found it a good read with a new romance angle.  Why not get yourself a copy and see what you think?


If you'd like my copy of this ARC, please leave a comment here on my blog and email me at info @ bookfaerie.com (take the spaces out) with your name AND address.  I'll pick a winner in about a week.


Happy reading!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

This sounds like an interesting book! Put my name in the hat please!

Thanks,
Laurie Brown
(will post this on my blog tomorrow)

Lioness of Punuab by Anita Jari Kharbanda

“We will fight here,” I commanded the warriors. “We are strong. We will have no fear. As Sikh warriors, we are ready to fight for justice. V...