Friday, March 5, 2010

Worst Case by James Patterson & Michael Ledwidge

Little Brown provided a copy of this book for review. I enjoy most of Patterson's work, but this one is special.

The murderer is a madman. He's on his last mission in life, and he intends to make his point, even if it takes death to do it.

He kidnaps children of big executives and then doesn't ransom them. He asks them questions. And for each question they answer incorrectly, he punishes them. Failing the exam means they die.

Michael Bennett can't understand how someone can kill children. Nor can he find any reason why it's those children or who could be the killer. But he doesn't give up looking.

Agent Emily Parker is sent to help him and it takes their special skills and knowledge to get close to the killer.

It's a twisting mystery with a good plot and lots of action. It was also a very good read.

3 comments:

Rae said...

Okay Jo, you know I love this guy and the way he writes! You've already grabbed me just with your review! I want to read it! LOL

Anonymous said...

James Patterson is one of my favorite authers and I would love for you to consider me for this book. Thank you so much.

SusanB said...

Love Patterson! What more can I say after your review but I have to put it on my TBR list.
Susan.byerly@comcast.net

The Case of the Gilded Lies by Earl Staley Gardner

The ingredients were quite one middle-aged tycoon with a lovely young wife; one oh-so-apologetic visitor to the tycoon's office; one dev...