Saturday, October 3, 2015

Doodle Lit by Jennifer Adams and Alison Oliver

I used to take word puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, books and other things with me when we went camping.  That way, even if it rained, I had something to do.  (There was a good chance of that in Washington state).  I wish I'd found this book then.  This is much much better than the old activity books I found.  Let me tell you about it...

Gibbs Smith sent me a copy of this book for review (thank you).  It has been published so you can check with your local bookstore for a copy now.

There are quotes from Shakespeare and other classic tales along the way.  You can doodle, draw, color, decorate and more.  There's even a paper doll with dresses you can color, add sparkle and glitter or?  The pages are perforated, so they can be removed from the book.  Perfect for giving each child a page or display on your fridge.  Now you don't have to work around the spine or edges of the book, you can lay it flat and draw or color.

With almost 300 pages of goodies to discover and work with, who wouldn't enjoy this book?  I think my copy may never leave my desk.  Just make sure you give them some drawing pens and colors to work with.  And be prepared to take your turn.  After all, this is good family fun!

3 comments:

Carole said...

Jo Ann, I hope you bring this one over to Books You Loved as well! Cheers from Carole's chatter

Journey of a Bookseller said...

Great idea, Carole!

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a great book to have.

THANKS for sharing.

ENJOY your week.

Stopping by from Carole's Books You Loved September Edition. I am in the list as
#22

THE PARIS KEY

and #23

SUMMER AT HIDEAWAY KEY

Happy Reading!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...