Saturday, March 29, 2014

Peter Panda Melts Down by Artie Bennett

Peter Panda is just a bit spoiled.  Okay, maybe more than just a bit.  When he doesn't get his way, he melts down!

Artie Bennett sent me a copy of this book for review along with a personal note in the book for me.  He's a gracious author who writes good books, so it's always fun to review his latest.  This one caught my heart because my very first bear was a panda bear.  It has no hair, its tale is hanging by a thread and one ear is missing, but he's still mine.  He lives in my hope chest now.  I still love him.

This book has been published, so check with your local bookstore to pick up a copy.  Maybe you have a panda lover in your family, too.

I think Peter is related to the little girl across the street.  She cries to high heaven whenever she doesn't get her way or thinks she's been hurt.  Peter has melt downs, too.  Little ones can be very vocal about their perceived grievances.  Peter's Mom was way more patient than I would be.  She deals with all the drama until it's time for bed.  Then she has her melt down...

If you have a small fussy one, this book will talk to you.  Peter is learning his boundaries and what he can and can't do.  Maybe your little one can learn from him.

The illustrations by John Nez are special, too.  These pandas are fuzzy and look huggable.  They go great with Mr. Bennett's story.  Take a look.  I bet you take it home.

2 comments:

BarbRad said...

I think I'd enjoy that. I'm sucker for picture books anyway. I think one never outgrows one's need for picture books.

Journey of a Bookseller said...

I totally agree with Barbara. They are one of my favorite books to review. My little girl is alive and well!

Bizard and the Big Bunny Bizness by Chrissie Krebs

When Bizard the Bear Wizard’s friends decide to try to help him grant wishes, it turns out that two magic wands are so much worse than one. ...