Wednesday, July 13, 2011

How to Get a Job by Me The Boss, Sally Lloyd-Jones, Sue Heap

Is your little one already thinking about his or her career?  Here is a cute book for them!


Schwartz & Wade Books sent me a copy of this book for review (thank you).  It is currently available at your local bookstore for purchase.


I was very disappointed to read:  Sitting in your chair eating cookies is not a job.  Oh, why not?  I'd love that job, just give me a book to go with my cookies!


This is written for ages 4-8, and the brief discussions of types of jobs available and what you do in that profession are cute, simple and fun to read.  "The Boss" even does an interview example and says it's not appropriate to sit on the boss' lap.  (Another disappointment to me.)


It's a fun way to learn about job types and may lead the child to read more about some of the jobs offered as examples.


Happy reading!

No comments:

Bizard and the Big Bunny Bizness by Chrissie Krebs

When Bizard the Bear Wizard’s friends decide to try to help him grant wishes, it turns out that two magic wands are so much worse than one. ...