Thursday, February 14, 2019

How to be a Cat by Nikki McClure

Do you have a cat?  Are you thinking of getting one?  This board book teaches your little one how cats act and it's a fun read.

Abrams Appleseed sent me a copy of this book to read for review (thank you).  It has been published and is available now.

The illustrations are done in black and white and stand out impressively.  Most open book pages have just one word on them but my cats have done all the things this author points out.  They pounce, explore, hunt and more in this story and it shows the cats doing it.  Mama and kitten demonstrate the actions.

Here's a way to teach young ones about cats and their activities so they will understand what they are doing.  I grew up with a cat in my crib so I knew these things, but the illustrations are cool and I enjoyed the book.

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...