Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Little Black Book by Renee Khatami

This is a delightful little board book for young ones.  You can touch and feel, scratch and sniff, lift the flap and more.  

Random House Children's Books sent me a copy of this book for review (thank you).  It's currently available at your local bookstore, so go check it out.  It's a lovely book.

I have to admit that black has always been one of my favorite colors.  I was enamored with it enough as a youngster that I got in trouble.  The nuns called my Mom and told her they felt I need psychological help.  Mom asked why.  It was because I colored my Santa Claus black.  Mom said I was fine, I just liked black.  So you can see that this book would get a special spot in my heart.

I especially liked the whiskers on the cat mask that you can feel.  The soft textures are a pleasure to one's finger.  And you'll get a surprise when you lift the flap.  

The text is minimal but the photos are wonderful and I bet your child will return to it again and again.  After, petting the bunny is fun...

Happy reading!

No comments:

The Reinvented Detective by Cat Rambo and Jennifer Brozek

The evolution of crime, punishment, and justice in the future. What happens when time and technology change the definition of crime and pun...