If you like short stories about odd creatures, dark fantasy, and even a bit horror this collection is for you.
Simon & Schuster will be releasing this book on March 22nd and sent me an eGalley for review. I had previously read The Red Glove, so I was looking forward to reading this anthology of short stories. I was not disappointed.
The story are succinct and full of dark fantasy. Ms. Black writes well and imbues her characters with life. She always writes on the dark side, but I find the story lines original and the challenge of trying to figure where she might be going next challenging.
The stories are unique. You never know what paranormal creature will turn up next. And nobody exactly lives happily ever after. But you'll keep reading it until you reach the end because the stories are too good to stop.
Happy reading!
I'm Jo Ann Hakola, The Book Faerie, bookworm and bookseller. I have been selling books since January of 2000. It's a homebased business and I sell online only. Here is my website: http:www.bookfaerie.com I offer free shipping stateside. It's a one woman endeavor, and I love working for myself. I have over 6,000 books online now. I do book reviews from a reader's point-of-view and try to spread the magic of reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Out of Sight, Out of Mind by Evonne Wareham
Everyone has secrets. Some are stranger than others. Madison Albi is a scientist with a very special talent – for reading minds. When she s...
-
For devotees of the Golden Age mystery, the impossible crime story represents the period’s purest form: it presents the reader with a baffli...
-
Hattie's grandfather taught her how to make moonshine. She's using those skills to run her own business. Berkley let me read this b...
-
Olivia Harper finds herself entangled in the lavish world of Richard Bennett, a man whose charm is as vast as his secrets. When Richard is f...

No comments:
Post a Comment