Friday, May 11, 2012

Logan's Outlaw by Elaine Levine

Sarah was captured by Sioux.  She was tortured, made into a slave, offered to the important men in the village and finally escaped.  She'd rather die than be captured again.  But she has to go across Sioux land to put a great injustice right...

Zebra Historical Romance, a division of Kensington Books, sent me a copy of this book for review (thank you).  It has been published, so you can find a copy at your local bookstore.

Logan is a trader that works with the Indians.  He's estranged from his family and travels alone.  He's used to danger.  But when he sees a man eyeing a blonde that's alone on the stagecoach, he decides to join the journey.

This story has historical references to the Indian way of life ending, what prisoners faced when captured by the Indians, how Logan traded with them, and other aspects of that time period.  I found that very interesting.

Logan marries Sarah to protect her, but it isn't long until he finds himself wanting more.  She still hasn't forgotten her slavery, though, so he waits patiently.

Ms. Levine makes her characters tough.  They survive ugly things, fight to the death, and hang on to each other through out the story.

This is good read.  You'll find your eyes glued to the book while you wonder how Logan and Sara are going to make it out of the situations they find themselves in.  You'll also be wishing you had your own "Logan".

I'm giving away my copy of this book.  If you'd like to win it, leave a comment here on my blog, and email me at info at bookfaerie.com with your name and address and why you'd like to read it.  I'll pick a winner in about a week.

Happy reading.

2 comments:

Journey of a Bookseller said...

I clicked add a comment and it brought up a box for me to do so. Is anyone else having a problem with this on this template?

ChristyJan said...

It works for me now . . .
I'd like to read this book - I haven't read a good historical western in quite some time.

A Full Moon in August by Joseph H. Randolph

Take a seat beside Thomas on a journey across Canada, from Toronto to Vancouver in 1981. For Thomas, this trip is a plunge into the unknown ...